Friday, December 19, 2008

My beautiful Cervix

**The provided link contains photos of a cervix; view at your discretion**

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is just amazed by a cervix. I love them and believe every person who owns a cervix or has loved a cervix, should get a view of one. So, haven't seen yours? Go ahead, take a peek. With just a few supplies you could perform your own gynecological exam. Or, ask your doctor to take a look. Your doctor should be more than willing to share. When I saw my first cervix in person? Whoa. I instantly felt like I had more of a connection to parts of my body that, for most of my life I have considered mysterious. I really only thought about my reproductive organs when I went for my yearly gynecological exam. The doctor would preform the exam, I'd hold my breath for the pelvic exam and that was that. Now, the day I saw my first cervix, has stuck with me and now I am a cervix laureate.

Not interested in the DIY approach? No worries. Go to My Beautiful Cervix c/o Sex. Justice. Change. Here, a woman who is a doula and student midwife documents her cervix for a whole month.

No comments: